Me

Me

Saturday, April 7, 2012

Few And Far Between

I don't know how all you bloggers keep this up. I have very little free time to write my thoughts down, although I can think of a thousand things I'll like to write about. As soon as Spring rolled around and we started to thaw out around here, I was busy planting my organic seeds inside to get a good start on the garden. I've been fascinated with the sustainable lifestyle and have been recycling, reusing, composting, and trying to grow more of my own food. It's a gradual process, not something you can just wake up and say today you'll live off the land, or go totally green. I had to do some research first and figure out what I could recycle in my area, then sign up for curbside pickup. I had to learn what I could put in the compost bin and make sure it was balanced equally with brown and green product. A few years ago I never grew anything in a garden. My sister in Ohio came to visit and said just dig a hole and stick a darned tomato plant in the ground, will you please?!?!  She actually dug the hole, but I did purchase the tomato plants and stuck them in the hole she dug for me.  After a few weeks, I was amazed the darn things actually grew tomatoes! Not only that, but the following year the tomatoes I had left on ground after a freeze reseeded and I had more plants!! I'm telling you this so you know how far I've come; from being totally ignorant of growing food to working at where I am today by growing most of my groceries. I love it, but I must admit it IS time consuming....which is why I haven't had time to blog often.




No comments:

Post a Comment