Me

Me

Sunday, January 2, 2011

My First Post on January 2, 2011

I opened this Blog Spot in 2007 so even though it says I've been blogging since then, I've only started today!  January 2, 2011

I'm in my 50's now, an 'empty nester' and unlike the horrors I've heard about how traumatic it can be when the kids all leave home, I embraced it!!  I was born and raised in Indiana and didn't move until I married my high school sweetheart. Since he was in the Marine Corps, we moved and lived in twenty-eight different homes from one end of the country to the other.  I'm a homebody, and I admit, somewhat of an introvert, which I don't think is so bad anymore.  While my husband gets regenerated by visiting with other people, I get recharged by experiencing quiet time; turning to my own self.  Spending too much time with others is exhausting for me.  My friends and family tend to think I have the answer to a lot of things and know it all, which I can assure you I absolutely do not. It may appear that way at times because I know, maybe, a little bit about a lot of subjects.  Sort of a Jack of all trades and master of none, I'm also a self proclaimed 'geeky nerd'.

I love children and have three, though now they are all in their 30's, and they are blessing me with grandchildren. I don't want to miss a minute of them growing up and they change so, so fast!!  I love family, animals, birds, wildlife, nature, gardening, photography, scrap booking, crafting, music, coffee, wine, books, quotes and making lists of things I like.  I'm always interested in health, nutrition, living green and recycling.  I may change my mind about those tomorrow and of course I will add more.  It doesn't take much at all to make me happy.  I keep way too much 'stuff' and it's extremely hard for me to part with a book I've purchased, but I do admire the 'less is more' lifestyle.  Maybe I can learn to live more like that with some practice.  Until then, come along for the ride while I decide who I want to be when I grow up.

No comments:

Post a Comment