Me

Me

Saturday, November 17, 2012

Fresh Cranberry Relish

Thanksgiving is just about here and I was looking for a new recipe for Cranberry Relish Salad to try this year on Pinterest but I couldn't find any I liked so decided to post the one my mom always made.  I've made it every Thanksgiving since I've been cooking it so maybe I shouldn't try to look for a new recipe and just think of this one as a family tradition.


Fresh Cranberry Relish

1 package (3 oz.) raspberry jello
1 cup boiling water
1 cup cold water
1 package (12 oz.) fresh cranberries, ground
1 cup chopped apple
1/4 cup chopped walnut
1 cup orange rind (or use whole orange)
3 tablespoons sugar

In bowl dissolve jello with boiling water, add cold water.  Chill until it begins to thicken.  Grind cranberries, orange rind, chop apple.  Stir in sugar and chopped nuts.  Add to thickened jello.  Spoon into mold or pretty dish.  Chill until set.

Makes 1 quart        Serves 12



No comments:

Post a Comment